Statement from Alex Martin, Executive Director of Sidewalk Science Center:
"Celestron's NexStar 4SE was a hidden gem. Despite its size, its magnification is comparable to that of our largest telescope, Celestron's Evolution 9.25. Coming in at 1/4 the cost, the 4SE is wonderful for beginners who want to try out motorized telescopes. Best of all, it's lightweight - only 20 pounds - and sets up in under 10 minutes. You'll keep this one for a decade or more."
- Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 4-inch aperture provides excellent light-gathering ability at an affordable price. You’ll get impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- Fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope
OPTICAL TUBE INFO: Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain Aperture: 102mm (4.02") Focal Length: 1325mm (52") Focal Ratio: f/13 Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98") Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 53x Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope Star Diagonal: Internal Flip mirror for straight thru or 90° viewing angle Optical Tube: Aluminum Highest Useful Magnification: 241x Lowest Useful Magnification: 15x Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.5 Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.37 arc seconds Resolution (Dawes): 1.14 arc seconds Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 212x Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 35mm (0.38") Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34% Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12% Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT Optical Tube Length: 343mm (13.5") Optical Tube Diameter: 125mm (4.9") Optical Tube Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg) Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar MOUNT INFO: Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm Instrument load capacity: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 939.8mm - 2397mm (37" - 55") Tripod leg diameter: 38.1mm (1.5") Stainless Steel Mount Head Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg) Accessory Tray: Yes Tripod Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South GPS: N/A Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 dovetail Number of Auxiliary Ports: 1x AUX Port Autoguide Port: No USB Port: Yes, Hand Control input Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included) and 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive) Motor Drive: DC servo motors Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge) Periodic Error Correction: No Computerized Hand Control: Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons NexStar+ Database: 38,181 accessible objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects. Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software and SkyPortal App Total Kit Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 kg) Included Items: Optical tube
Single Fork Arm Mount and Tripod
Star Pointer Finderscope
NexStar+ Hand Control
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.