- Unleash the power of your smartphone to take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required.
- Award-winning and patented StarSense sky recognition technology uses your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time.
- StarSense Explorer app automatically generates a list of objects currently visible. View planets, brighter nebulae and galaxies, star clusters, and double stars from the city. Or take your telescope to darker skies to view faint, deep sky objects.
- Manual altazimuth mount with altitude slow motion adjustment with a sliding rod makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- 114mm (4.5”) Newtonian reflector with highly reflective coatings and enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects.
- Includes 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, 2x Barlow Lens, StarSense smartphone dock, a red dot finderscope (in case you want to use the telescope without your phone), and a full-height tripod.
StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ
OPTICAL TUBE INFO: Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector Aperture: 114mm (4.5") Focal Length: 1000mm (39.3") Focal Ratio: f/9 Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98") Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 40x Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.39") Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 100x Barlow Lens: 2x (1.25") Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope Optical Tube: Steel Highest Useful Magnification: 269x Lowest Useful Magnification: 16x Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8 Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 265x Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 44mm (1.73") Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 38% Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 14% Optical Coatings: Glass mirrors coated with aluminum and SiO₂ Optical Tube Length: 609.6mm (24") Optical Tube Diameter: 147mm (5.78") Optical Tube Weight: 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) Dovetail: None MOUNT INFO: Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): Aluminum, 1320.8mm (52") max height Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.75") steel Accessory Tray: Yes Tripod Weight: 3.8 lbs (1.72 kg) Slew Speeds: Manual GPS: Uses phone's GPS Dovetail Compatibility: None Power Requirements: None (Recommend PowerTank Glow to keep phone charged while using App) Alignment Procedures: Use StarSense Explorer App Software: StarSense Explorer App, SkyPortal App, and Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software Total Kit Weight: 10.4 lbs (4.71 kg) Included Items: Optical tube
Mount and tripod (preassembled)
25mm and 10mm eyepieces
2x Barlow Lens
StarSense Explorer phone dock
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.